Recruitment / August 2021
Quality should never be compromised. At Unity Group we're perfectionists when it comes to quality, hence why we are now looking to recruit a Quality Manager for our Newent site, to help us ensure our quality standards are on point, always.
Reporting to: Director, HR & Compliance
Reports: 2 x Quality Co-ordinators
Location: Newent site (Gloucestershire)
• Oversee and ensure the Quality Management Systems are administered correctly in line with the relevant policies and procedures
• Manage and implement audit schedule working with QC’s and line management
• Provide advice and recommendation on Quality related activities within the business
• Liaise with customers and suppliers on Quality related issues and implement solutions and corrective actions
• Responsible for the regular review and management of all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and ensuring that appropriate training is provided to staff, when required
• Coordinate and manage a programme of external assessments and accreditations throughout the year – ISO 9001, Kite Mark, Secured By Design, IFC Fire Third Party Scheme
• Manage, lead and mentor Quality team members and develop flexibility in team skills and experience
• Provision of monthly reports on all Quality related activities and the delivery of KPI information to senior management
• Liaise with local management team on all quality assurance issues and deliver solutions for continuous improvement
• Set the level of guidance for the Rig Inspectors and line managers on acceptable standards
• Co-ordinate with the production line management on the QA testing of materials and calibration of equipment
• Support Director with H&S Compliance matters such as audits, administration and training
• To assist the business in any other activities designated by the senior management, as and when needed, to support the delivery of customer expectations and service. Skills, abilities and characteristics
MUST HAVE SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS
• Significant experience in managing a successful Quality function within a manufacturing environment
• Trained in auditing processes and skills
• Clear and concise communication skills (written and verbal)
• PC literate able to create simple flow diagrams, manage data on excel/charting
• Analytical approach to work
• Strong self-belief and an ability to challenge and question individuals
• Good understanding of manufacturing processes
• Passionate and driven approach to work and desire to succeed
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary, life assurance, contributory pension, up to 23 days holiday per annum (plus bank holidays), free car parking, workwear and drinks.
Hours of work will vary but will but core hours will be based on a 40 hour working week – Monday to Friday - between the hours of 8am and 6pm, dependent on the needs of the business.
If you feel that this is the role for you, then please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, enclosing your CV.
Welcome to the Unity Group
The Unity Group comprises of:
Unity Doors is our specialist door company and one of the UK’s leading door manufacturers. We’ve been serving the industry for over 20 years and had the privilege of selling over 2 million composite doors to trade, business and domestic UK customers.
Whether it’s a classic, understated look, or something contemporary and bold, we’re proud to offer an extensive range of high quality external and internal doors - along with a great selection of finishes, designs, glazing options and accessories and Secured By Design fire doorsets.
JCK Joinery is a premium brand within our group. JCK are experts in creating bespoke timber doors and exclusive joinery solutions: including CE marked external fire doors..