Recruitment / June 2021
New Opportunity - Technical & Process Engineer
WE'RE RECRUITING - TECHNICAL & PROCESS ENGINEER
It is a very busy and exciting time right now at Unity Doors. As a result we're currently looking to recruit an experienced Technical & Process Engineer to join our team at our manufacturing site in Newent, Gloucestershire.
This is a critical role for our Composite Door manufacturing plant and is an exciting opportunity for anyone who wants to join a progressive and successful business in an expanding marketplace.
If you feel you have what it takes and can fulfil all of the very important qualities and skills below, please get in touch:
Suitable candidates for the role should be able to fulfil the brief below;
Reporting to: Managing Director
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Leading the technical function and the technical developments for the composite door and timber door product range
• Creating and developing the standards, policies and procedures and ensuring they are consistently followed
• Ensuring all testing activities are planned, coordinated and completed in line with test-house requirements
• Managing all CNC programming for SCM and Stuga machines on site
• Provide professional technical advice and assistance on all products to internal customers – Field Sales, Supply & Fit Contracts team, Sales Office, Quality and Manufacturing Operations
• Provide professional technical advice and support to all external customers, including site visits
• Create and maintain Thermal and Acoustic models along with enhanced security requirements
• Create and update structural designs and take-offs using in-house software (AutoCAD)
• Driving forward all new product development and technical improvements, working closely with group technical resources
• Providing management reports and KPI data to the senior management team
• Ensure compliance of technical data and information for all certification processes is kept up-to-date, including testing
SKILLS, ABILITIES & CHARACTERISTICS
• Ideally professionally qualified with an Engineering background
• Technical knowledge and understanding of the requirements of the composite doors and timber doors including fire door compliance
• CNC Programming experience for multiple platforms / machinery
• General experience in manufacturing of building / construction products and systems
• Working knowledge and experience of Thermal and Acoustic modelling
• Focused on providing excellent customer service
• Able to present a calm and ‘can do’ attitude
• Resilient and able to manage the pressures associated with developing a technical function.
• Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
• Driven, passionate and committed to ensuring personal and company success
• Willing to travel overseas possible to Europe for business support if required
• Full and clean driving license
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary, life assurance, contributory pension, up to 23 days holiday per annum (plus bank holidays), free car parking, workwear and drinks.
Hours of work will be based on a 37.5 hour working week – Monday to Friday - between the hours of 8.45am and 5pm, dependent on the needs of the business.
If you feel that this role is for you, please apply in writing in the first instance to email@example.com
Welcome to the Unity Group
The Unity Group comprises of:
Unity Doors is our specialist door company and one of the UK’s leading door manufacturers. We’ve been serving the industry for over 20 years and had the privilege of selling over 2 million composite doors to trade, business and domestic UK customers.
Whether it’s a classic, understated look, or something contemporary and bold, we’re proud to offer an extensive range of high quality external and internal doors - along with a great selection of finishes, designs, glazing options and accessories and Secured By Design fire doorsets.
JCK Joinery is a premium brand within our group. JCK are experts in creating bespoke timber doors and exclusive joinery solutions: including CE marked external fire doors..